Well everyone purchases Insurance without ever hoping to use it, especially living in Mexico health care and coverage has always been a concern for my family and myself.
In March of 2015 my significant other went to the Hospital in Cabo San Lucas, MX with a 104 fever that she had for a few days, after being admitted Dr. Valasquez had a feeling it was an abscess in her liver and gave her a CT scan right away. As soon as she was admitted I called IMG to let them be aware of the situation with my wife to where they sent me the pre certification sheet. After the CT scan it was verified that there was an abscess and it was in between two portal veins, the hospital in Cabo started IV antibiotics hoping to reduce the size and drop the fever. On the 5th day of this in the morning they did another CT and it was not reduced and the fever had gone up the night before, they immediately decided they needed to drain the abscess but didn’t have the equipment to do so in Cabo and needed to be air evaded to either California or Mexico City. I called IMG and they asked to verify with the Dr’s who I just handed my phone to to verify and they also provided two Air Evac companies to the Insurance company with cost. IMG gave me the choice of where we wanted to go, we chose Mexico City and the immediately sent a guarantee of payment to the Air Evac Company and they said they would send one right away to the Hospital but the plane was there with an ambulance waiting within two hours to take us to the airport so I didn’t have time to deal with the Hospital I asked them if I paid on C.C if they would just reimburse me and they said no problem.
Arriving in Mexico City guarantee was already with the ambulance waiting to take us to the Hospital. IMG had already sent the Hospital an approval for everything with a guarantee of payment and while Cabo Hospital had sent all files they were waiting and ready to go, checked in that night and had it drained at 7am the fallowing morning. The process and the staff in Mexico City was amazing, they kept us in the hospital for 3 additional nights to monitor then that morning did a CT to make sure it was still collapsed all looked good and it was time for check out. Sent all the final docs to IMG they were all good with everything but the Hospital in Mexico City didn’t have an agreement with IMG so would take the Guarantee of payment, threw out this whole process I was in touch with the nurse whom I’m guessing approves things and what not, she was amazing threw out all of this, she said ok we will wire the money today then Hospital still wasn’t good with that, I just wanted out because we needed to stay in Mexico City for an additional three days at a hotel to come in for fallow ups. I asked IMG if I paid would they wire to me right away and it was no problem. God bless my wife was fine on the 3rd day we booked up and flew home.
I have good coverage with IMG so my daily indemnity covered my deductible, they wired all the money back right away and in addition covered my hotel in Mexico City and flight back. Amazing overall experience for a horrible situation.
Roger was with me every step of the way along with his direct IMG contact, even with the Hospital payment problem in Mexico City they were with me every step and had my wife’s health as their number one concern.
I couldn’t say enough positive things with a horrible situation.
Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico