Why was the Critical Disease Plan Developed?
No matter what precautions you take, a critical disease can still affect you. The emotional, physical and financial tolls of any disease are devastating. To make matters worse, many medical expenses are not covered by regular health insurance. The feature that really separates this plan from others is that it can be purchased as a rider to complement your existing medical plan, whether it was contracted through us or not, or it can be purchased as a stand alone medical plan.
Critical Disease Plan Features at a glance
- We pay $10,000, $25,000, or $50,000 directly to you when you are first diagnosed with a covered critical disease.
- Cash payment may be used for items not covered by regular medical plans.
- Available to those less than 75 years old.
- Maintain this policy for 10 years and receive 40% of your premium back (upon policy surrender) with our Cash Value Rider.
- Maintain this policy for 25 years and receive all of your money back (upon policy surrender) either from the policy or Cash Value Rider.
How does the Critical Disease Plan Work?
After the initial 90-day waiting period, if you receive a diagnosis of a covered critical disease, we pay $10,000, $25,000, or $50,000 directly to you based on the benefit you select. You may use this cash for items not covered by regular medical plans such as travel expenses associated with treatment, coinsurance, deductibles, and living expenses. The policy is available to those who are less than 75 years old.
While there may be no defense against critical disease, there is one against the medical costs associated with it. A Critical Disease Plan gives you the security you need to handle related expenses not covered by your major medical plan.
Covered Critical Diseases include:
ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) Multiple Sclerosis
Cerebral Palsy Muscular Dystrophy
Cystic Fibrosis Leukemia
Internal Cancer Reye’s syndrome
Malignant Melanoma Polio
Optional Cash Value Rider
Should you decide to surrender your policy after ten years, our Cash Value Rider allows you
to receive up to 40% of your premium back. If you keep this policy in place for 25 years, you
will receive all of your money back either from the policy or the Cash Value Rider.
AmFirst Insurance Company, Ltd.
A division of Morgan White Group